This famine will be for a message from the LORD. God’s word will be far from them. They will have turned away so far from God that they won’t be able to find their way back. They will look everywhere except the Bible (and the church). And they won’t find him.
- And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision. (1 Samuel 3:1)
- And when Saul inquired of the LORD, the LORD answered him not, neither by dreams, nor by Urim, nor by prophets… (1 Samuel 28:6,15)
- We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long. (Psalm 74:9)
- The 2 religions of the world as illustrated by Invictus versus My Captain
- Useless rules and regulations with an appearance of wisdom
- The fear of religion is a dangerous trap