A UK woman went outside for what she thought was a relaxing cigarette break — but it ended up changing her life forever.
In 2019, Cary Edby was nearly paralyzed after she lost her footing and fell 12 feet a few days before Christmas. She landed face first in a gap near the basement apartment below her.
“I went outside for a cigarette and lost my balance and summersaulted over the wall,” Edby, 25, told Southwest News Service. “When I fell, I couldn’t talk or move.
“I thought, ‘This is it — I’m paralyzed.’ I wanted to call for help, but I couldn’t open my mouth.”
After she was able to call for help, two strangers miraculously heard her soft cries, and they found her mom, Diane Dee, 59, as she was still in the house.