Does God still show Himself through visions to people today? It certainly wouldn’t be difficult for God, given that He is present in everything around and in us, right here, right now. Moreover, the testimonies on this website show that He still does to some. Jesus has stated that “God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.” Evidently, seeing visions of God is not a matter of our spiritual gifts, our achievements, or our entitlement – it is a matter of the state of our hearts.
Ephesians 4:6 ESV one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
Matthew 5:8 NLT God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.
Other prerequisites include our willingness to:
- Be “born again” and filled with the Holy Spirit | John 3:3 ESV Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
- Obey God | Acts 5:32 ESV … the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him.”
- Turn away from things that He calls evil | 3 John 1:11 ESV Beloved, do not imitate evil but imitate good. Whoever does good is from God; whoever does evil has not seen God.
See testimonies of people who have had visions of God:
- Jesus shows administrator His amazing grace
- Jesus frees manager from blood pact with death
- Jesus frees lecturer from feeling abandoned
Not everyone will get to see visions of God during our lifetimes on earth and this should certainly not be our goal. Our goal should be to revere God and keep His commandments, particularly the two greatest commandments, which is to love God and to love one another.
Ecclesiastes 12:13 ESV The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man
Matthew 22:37-39 NIV Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
Jesus has said that we are blessed for believing in Him without seeing God.
John 20:29 ESV Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”